The Art of Medical Interpretation® Certificate (Online Live)
60-hour Certificate of Accomplishment Course
From January 18 to March 01, 2023 (6 weeks). Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 6pm – 10pm.
Location: Online Live
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, with a minimum of a HS diploma or equivalent (BA preferred), and must pass a mandatory language screening in English and the target foreign language(s) prior to acceptance into the program. Applicants must pass the language screening with a minimum of “Advanced Mid-Level” according to ACTFL standards.
Tuition: $825.00 (Includes a non-refundable Administrative Fee of $41.25 )
AMI® Manual: $75.00 (Non-refundable.)
Prerequisite Language Screening: $55.00 (Non-refundable. Additional Fee.)
Recommended Materials: Atlas of Anatomy: $17.00 (Non-refundable. Additional Fee.)
What makes CCCI different?
Our curriculum and manual were selected among ten other trainings nationwide for review to assist the NCIHC while developing the National Standards for Healthcare Interpreter Training Programs.
In addition, the Art of Medical Interpretation® Manual has been used worldwide to train interpreters in many colleges and other educational programs.
Teaching healthcare interpreters since 1980 through a didactic approach that accommodates adult students learning styles while they apply soft and hard skills in the following areas:
· Interpreting Skills
· Memory Aids
· Ethics and Standards of Practice (IMIA and NCHIC)
· Emergency Room & Most Common Illnesses (Massachusetts Interpreter Emergency Law)
· Medical Terminology through the Samurai Technique!
· Clinical Insight on how providers communicate with each other
· Review of Oral Health & 10 Main Body Systems
· Over 90 Role-plays: covering common illnesses, symptoms and procedures
· Cultural Competency for Healthcare Interpreters
· Mental Health
· Conflict Resolution Skills
· Preparing Interpreters for the Job Market
· Customer Relations
Class size is limited to 20 students and accommodates all spoken languages. Students practice their interpreting skills in English ↔ Target (foreign) Language(s) and receive constructive feedback through role-play exercises.
Signup for this session:
In order to register for the Art of Medical Interpretation Course, contact us by:
– Phone at: 781-729-3736 x-109 or x110
– Email at: StudentsCCCS@embracingculture.com
Or complete the following form:
Book a Language ScreeningComplete this form in order to book a language screening. Once your information submitted, you will be contacted within 48 hours.
This course is taught by a multidisciplinary team of interpreter trainers, healthcare and mental health providers. Adheres to the IMIA trainers standards requisites.