Wishing you a Joyous, Prosperous & Peaceful 2016!
Together as a community of interpreters we have all experienced the amazing magic of representing everyone’s voice, no matter the race, the religion, the age, the gender and the differences between us. During such adverse times, we should be proud of our strength, hope and resiliency. Together we have created a circle of great understanding, respect, tolerance and willingness to grow and to always strive for better customer relations and delivery of linguistic services to a population of immigrants and refugees, that unfortunately now more than ever needs our full respect and attention. Each and every voice counts!
We need to live in a world where trust is the main thread of our fabric. At times, we just feel at loss! In the past few weeks I found myself wrapped with fear, worry and a feeling of hopelessness towards the worldwide events and the local news. A few days ago, I found this powerful image of lightning captured by my father a few summers ago while together in Mexico.
A short story about my visceral feeling of fear every time I saw lightning. I grew up in a beautiful and small Island in the Azores, Portugal. Our first house was built with lots of metal and my mother always covered the windows and mirrors with blankets during lightning. At times when the storms were getting too close to us, my two sisters and I would jump into my parents’ bed—a very special family time!
When I saw this picture, I experienced a deep feeling of comfort and protection…needed even at my age! The very moment this picture was taken our rooms lit with an intense light and power and for the first time, I adventured to open my eyes and cautiously embraced the beauty and the power of an intense storm. My father’s admiration and respect for the power of nature was contagious and both his photography and the time spent with him, led me to a completely different beauty. As a result, I now love and respect lightning!
No one needs to expose themselves to lightning, but you may have a story or an experience of your own that empowers you to take a chance, and perhaps allows you to team up with a trusting person that brings you as much beauty and strength as my father and his love for photographing storms have given me!
On behalf of CCCS, Inc.™ and colleagues, Zarita
Cross Cultural Communication Systems, Inc.™ is Relocating
The new space represents a milestone and an opportunity to serve you better. Starting June 2015 CCCS, Inc.™ will be at 227 Garfield Avenue, Suite B, Woburn, MA 01801
CCCS, Inc.™ NEW Interpreter ID Badge
Dear Customers and Interpreters,CCCS, Inc.™ is pleased to announce its new look for all Interpreter ID badges. As of January 1, 2014, all active CCCS, Inc.™ Interpreters will wear a new ID badge.
NEW! Getting Ready for Your ORAL Healthcare Interpreter Certification Exam
52-hour Certificate of Attendance Intensive Online Review Course
NEW! Getting Ready for Your WRITTEN Healthcare Interpreter Certification Exam
20-hour Certificate of Attendance Intensive Online Review Course
Affordable Care Act (ACA)
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services 2013 Language Access Plan (HHS LAP)
Congratulations to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). HHS is pleased to announce that it has published its 2013 Language Access Plan (HHS LAP) ensuring access to the Department’s programs and activities to people with limited English proficiency (LEP).
The Art of Medical Interpretation 60-hr Certificate of Accomplishment Program at the Manchester Community College, NH.
Scholarships May be Available for NH Residents.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE BY USING YOUR BILINGUAL SKILLS TO HELP YOUR COMMUNITY & ADVANCE YOUR PROFESSIONAL CAREER
KNOW THE FACTS
• Growing careers in the interpreter and translator fields. It is predicted that by 2018 this profession will grow by 22% (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
• Financial & personal benefits
• Start your new career in less than a year
• Cross Cultural Communication Institute is accredited by the NH Division of Higher Education
• Scholarships &WIA funds may be available for NH residents
• CCCS, Inc.™ has a collaborative partnership with Manchester Community College
• CCCS, Inc.™ courses are approved by both the American Translators Association (ATA) & the International Medical Interpreters Association (IMIA)
For more information
CCCS,Inc.™: 603.880.4949 or email@example.com
Manchester Community College: Kathy DesRoches
603.206.8161 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Applicant must be at least 18 years of age with a High School diploma or equivalent
2. Applicant must pass a mandatory language screening examination in English and target language(s) prior to acceptance into the program
3. Applicant must pass the language screening at a minimum rating of Advanced Mid-Level according to industry standards
2013 COURSE DATES
The Art of Medical Interpretation
60-hour Certificate of Accomplishment Program
February 2 – April 20 – Saturdays, 9 am – 3 pm
May 29 – August 7 – Mondays & Wednesdays, 6 pm – 9 pm
September 21 – December 7 – Saturdays. 9 am – 3 pm
CCCS, INC.™ Is commitment, excellence & innovation
CCCS, Inc. Overview
Cross Cultural Communication Systems, Inc.™
Providing Services Globally & Nationwide Since 1996
– On-site and over the phone interpretation
– Bilingual workforce development
– Cultural competency workshops
– On-site & online trainings for interpreters
– Written translations
Embracing linguistic & cultural connections
Providing 24/7/365 language solutions
How we stand above the rest Providing services globally & nationwide
– Innovative approach to catering to language industry needs a High professional standards in serving the healthcare, legal, educational and business communities
– Industry specific tools and manuals developed by CCCS, Inc.™ experts when training and hiring professional interpreters
– Quality Assurance Program that focuses on monitoring, providing feedback, and incorporating needed changes
– Rigorous hiring and well-structured training practices to ensure that we contract only the most qualified, reliable, knowledgeable and capable interpreters and translators
– Quick response to all inquiries
– Cost Effective strategies for businesses
– Tailored reports for data collection
PO Box 2308, Woburn, MA 01888
T: 781.729.3736 x111
©CCCS, Inc.™ 2012
CCCS, INC.™ Is commitment, excellence & innovation
Cross Cultural Communication Systems, Inc.™ is relocating
In order to accomodate our rapid growth and business expansion, it is our pleasure to inform you that CCCS, Inc.™ is relocating to 304 Cambridge Rd. suite 103, Woburn, MA 01801.